Friday, May 19, 2006

The Blog Wagon

Yes, I recently joined the blog bandwagon. A summer dedicated to practically nothing at all led me to the decision to try this medium. But, less than a week after the blog’s inception, questions started bothering me, but I tried my best to answer them myself:

1) What will my blog be about? Well, I'd rather that this blog take me to a certain direction that I will not dictate right now. Maybe today I will share my views tightly-guarded political opinions, the next day I'll be shouting to the world (wide web) my craving for an unpopular song. I don't want to be limited by a single perspective; rather, I'll try to be as eclectic and dynamic as possible. If I can discuss current events with enough gusto, I will. If I want to resurrect age-old questions (or has-been celebrities), I will. Hah! My own corner of the cyberspace.

Perhaps easy topics (for me) to write about are: Mathematics (surprise! Look at the first post), music, lyrics, human interactions, celebrities, events, random thoughts, and nothing at all. I still have reservations on posting my favorite so-and-so, for I might convince you to make them your favorite so-and-so too, and we will soon be walking reflections of each other. (Such great expextations...)

I want to write spontaneously.

2) What will be the tone of my entries? This depends on my mood. I can be ecstatic or sarcastic, sad or mad or glad, poetic or apathetic. Or even attempting some rhymes. There is a part of me to make this blog serious and revolutionary, but I'm afraid I still have to discover more along the way. For there is ALWAYS something more, something else, to learn.

3) How cyber will this blog get? Right now, I'm not inclined to put a lot of technological effects because at a certain point, I'm ignorant with computers. Haha. I'll focus more on the words that I will input (thus the blog's name).

4) Will this blog be 100% gramatically correct? I wish! Although I have, for the past years, embarked on a serious effort to write in English with proper tense, grammar, and semantics. Perhaps the best way to do things right is to actually do it.

5) Will entries always be in English? Hindi po.

6) How do I want my blog to be perceived? Well, I hope nobody gets mad if ever I have personal ramblings. Ideally, I want to inspire, but there won't be any conscious effort on my part to do so. I want to be funny. To draw sympathy or opposing views. To be charming. To transcend social stratifications. Hah! Looks like I'm headed towards politics.

So there. This will be exciting. I hope.

4 Comments:

Blogger JENNY said...

hello blogger! ;p

6:52 AM  
Blogger John said...

hi mardan. you know you can write about so much. simulan mo na lang sa mga skit niyo ni ric or sa infamous au-tape... and you will never run out of material. hahaha.

you really don't have to go too tech-y. just learn the basc html tags, and squeeze in a chatterbox and you're good to go. at shempre, ang all important blogroll. good luck!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Maan said...

go mardan!

6:55 PM  
Blogger JENNY said...

@fadul: hahaha! naalala ko yung mga skit nina mardan and ric. lalo na yung buwan na papalapit ng papalapit. ahaha ;p

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home