Saturday, August 25, 2007

Storm's Up

Weeks ago, the church urged the congregation to pray for rain. Oratio Imperata. The prolonged dry season is already affecting the farmers, and dams are in a critical level already. It seems there was too much prayer; storms entered the Philippine area of responsibility one after another.

Classes were disrupted. 5 school days were cancelled due to a certain typhoon, or at least the anticipation of one. Prevention is indeed at play, for there were days that were oddly un-stormly. Two consecutive Mondays will also extend the weekend of the students, in accordance with the new law regarding holiday economics.

I left my laptop at the Math Unit; I was also done with my grades and all my checking. Therefore, I had practically nothing to do. Even all my siblings were out; I’m the only soul who still gets the no-classes benefit, working in the premier high school of the country.

The premise seemed to promise boredom, to which I’m an expert. I can lie on the bed for hours catatonically. Fortunately, I borrowed a Coelho novel from Ma’am Dinah, and I remembered that I haven’t opened yet one birthday gift: two books written by engaging authors, given last December 2006. So I finished the Coelho novel first, intentionally flipping back, to prolong the time spent for reading.

Since the “vacation” took an unexpected extension, I randomly picked one birthday gift, tore out the plastic, slightly opened the room’s window to feel the cool (but potentially raging) wind outside, and plunged on the pillows for a good slow read. Coffee and doughnuts (from Cello’s) would have completed the scene.

I miss lazing around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home