Sunday, October 21, 2007

First Gimik of the Kingdom 2

What I liked about the arcade leg of the Camia gimmick was, this was the only part wherein I didn’t have to shell out money, which should always be a good thing. At least four people had their reloadable Power Station cards with them, and they swipe it like there’s no tomorrow, and reload as if mom or dad would approve. And of course, I play for free (maybe me playing against them is such an honor).

Before we trooped to the cinema, we cramped ourselves in one of the karaoke booths, and we just had to choose crazy songs. This part was very vague; I couldn’t recall exactly what occurred (weah). But I heard the first performer got a perfect 100 for his rendition of a classic Ricky Martin song (in the absence of Timberlake’s), after which the room was filled with applause (this is the vague part). The second song was the standard Andrew E. hit (yes, the local rapper), to which everybody couldn’t relate, since the song prods the listener to find someone panget. The last song must have vocal acrobatics and insane range, so Bohemian Rhapsody it was. We had more pictures inside (since Justine, Elysse, and Ianne won’t join us for the movie), and rushed one floor up. We had about ten minutes to claim our reserved seats.

Of course, because of Murphy’s Law, there were seemingly scheduled unfortunate events to happen. Emil and Conrad were missing for a time (they went to the washroom), and some people had to buy snacks, so there was mild chaos (at least on my perspective, since I have the tickets), especially since the usherette reminded us that the last trailer was already being projected. So I have to stay by the doorside to distribute the tickets by subgroups, not minding who sits where. In this manner, every person will have his/her food, and I will be the last to enter.

Oddly, contrary to what the usherette said, there were more trailers on the screen. This frustrated some of us since we were in a hurry (and there were those who passed on buying food in order to watch the movie from the very beginning). Oh well. Making use of the light available, I then cut my doughnuts into cute but uncongruent halves, to be shared to all elevn of us. They were busy munching popcorn and other snacks.

Stardust is a nice movie feature. I did not know that this is a book adaptation, so I wouldn’t be able to make comparisons; I’m not good at that, in the first place. The story is very basic, but its treatment was very vivid, solid, and of course creative. Watching Stardust is probably fostering the child inside that looks forward to hearing tales of grandeur. The interpretation of a star being a two-fold persona/matter is very inventive. Utilizing the universal theme of love, the movie did not appear contorted in that respect. There was hardly a boring part; the development of the story is fast-paced and straightforward. On the negative side, there were too many editing problems, and the continuity director should have been more meticulous (especially on the prosthetics of Michelle Pfeiffer). The actors were good in general, and for a time, I forgot that it was the same Claire Danes who, allegedly, somehow spoke ill of our country many years ago (I never knew if this is verified). Every illogical scene (like when Tristan and the Star seem to chase the shattered glass instead of evading it) can always be forgiven, since this is fantasy.

Films with a comic nature of sorts always amuse me. I am a fan of European humor, or at least, the humor of European characters, since they almost always have sarcasm in their blood (in Music and Lyrics, Hugh Grant’s character was very hilarious). And sarcasm is something I utilize whenever needed, even to students. One of my favorite scenes was when the king was in his deathbed. I just had to master his laugh when one of his sons pushed another towards the window. Very sinister.

After Stardust, Camia had a new tag phrase, courtesy of Captain Shakespeare: Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! *clenched fist* The girls, by the way, had a picture taken with one of the robotic live mannequins in silver paint.

We, again, had a hard time choosing where to eat dinner (MYMP was playing nearby). We were supposed to eat at KFC, but, with the suggestion of Josh, we headed to Pho’Hoa instead. We… ate *some story deleted*. Since it was getting late, the people were leaving by subgroups, headlined by Justin, who literally vanished (Josh had a funny and believable short acting piece, mimicking him). If this was to go on, nobody will be left inside to pay the bill, and we will be banned in Eastwood.

I, together with JJ and neighbor Emil, hitched a ride with Mia until the Santolan station of LRT-2 (purple lane). Eventually, we were all home, tired but too happy. All good things come to an end.

I want to thank my natural accounting powers. I guess a gimmick is more fun (for the students) if settling individual bills is done days after. Yes, I did not give out a treat. I’m not that capable, and my birthday’s not coming soon.

Oh, I now know what gift I want in December. More people attending the next Thy Kingdom Camia event, and a babylon candle.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home